The Women's Ministry at Grace Baptist Church exists to glorify God by upholding the biblical role of womanhood in ministries of compassion and discipleship through prayer, guidance, training, and encouragement. Our aim is to lead Christ-like lives as we embrace our God-given roles in the family, church, and community.
Specifically, the ministry is designed to help women:
- Ladies Spring Retreat: We gather together at a retreat center for an overnight stay. We share meals, laugh together, share sorrows, play games, take walks, enjoy spa time and devotions.
- Regular Fellowship Outings: Day trips to some special destination together, usually ending with a meal together.
- Home Bible Studies for small groups of women
- Summer Group Study for women at the church, topic dealing with women’s issue (see below for more information on our next study).
- Annual Women of the Word Conference: On the last Saturday each October, we hold a free conference designed just for women with a keynote speaker and break out sessions on relevant topics for women (lunch included). Contact Jamie Theobald if you would like more information about past or future Conferences.
- Titus 2 ministry: An older woman mentors another to help her with any area of need, whether it be spiritual, mothering, showing hospitality, housekeeping…any topic. All topics will be approached from the Biblical perspective with the goal that she would grow towards becoming a woman who pleases God. Contact Brenda Haywood if you are interested in being involved in our Titus 2 ministry.
- Biblical Counseling: If you're ever feeling like there is no hope and don't know where to turn , please don't try and figure it out on your own. God has given us His word and other women to help us. Here at Grace Baptist, we have women that can come along side you and give you answers to life's difficult problems. Contact Stacie Gibson if you are interested in receiving or learning to give Biblical counseling.
- Plan and execute any task that the Elders or Deacons have asked the Women’s Ministry Team to undertake.
- Hospitality - Host Fellowship Dinners and times of fellowship and refreshments after special services.
- Plan and Host an Annual Winter Dinner for the whole church family
- Plan Quarterly Fellowship Dinners
- Administer Grace Fellowship Groups
- Minister in various compassionate ways to families who have lost a loved one (flowers, funeral dinner, other grief support)
- [Wo]manning the Nursery during church services and functions
12th Annual Women of the Word Conference
Water-Carriers for Christ: Cultivating a heart for Evangelism
October 30, 2021
Women of all ages, please plan to attend the 12th Annual Women of the Word Conference at Grace Baptist Church in Dansville, NY.
We are pleased to announce that Ruthie Fletcher will be our conference speaker this year. Ruthie grew up in Nova Scotia, Canada where her parents served as missionaries at a Bible camp. She graduated from Washington Bible College where she met her husband, Matt. The Lord has blessed the Fletchers with five children and three grandchildren. For the last 30 years, Ruthie has served alongside her husband as pastor’s wife and has enjoyed leading the women’s ministries for the majority of those years. Since 2011, Ruthie and Matt have served at Webster Bible Church on the east side of Rochester, NY.
Ruthie enjoys walks with her husband and golden retriever Nova, hanging out with her grandkids, crafts and trying new recipes in the kitchen.
The conference will be held October 30, 2021 from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm. The conference, snacks, and lunch are provided free of charge, by the women of Grace Baptist Church.
Please stay tuned for more details as they emerge.
8:50-9:00 Welcome and Worship
9:00-10:00 Session 1: Taste and See
10:15-11:15 Session 2: Renew Our Minds
12:45-1:30 Session3: Go and Tell
Below, please find an online registration form for your convenience.
WOW Conference Online Registration
Upcoming Events for Women
Women's Ministry Team
The Women's Ministry Team is made up of four members who pray together for the other women in the church, encourage each other in our personal ministries, and to think strategically about women's ministry in our local church. The team's purpose is to co-ordinate and initiate the various aspects of women's ministry, and to equip other ladies for the work of Christ-centered ministry. The job of the team is to help all of the women of the church to be active participants in ministry. If any member of the ministry team can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact them.