The Women's Ministry at Grace Baptist Church exists to glorify God by upholding the biblical role of womanhood in ministries of compassion and discipleship through prayer, guidance, training, and encouragement. Our aim is to lead Christ-like lives as we embrace our God-given roles in the family, church, and community.
Specifically, the ministry is designed to help women:
- Ladies Spring Retreat: We gather together at a retreat center for an overnight stay. We share meals, laugh together, share sorrows, play games, take walks, enjoy spa time and devotions.
- Regular Fellowship Outings: Day trips to some special destination together, usually ending with a meal together.
- Home Bible Studies for small groups of women
- Winter and Summer Group Studies for women at the church, topic dealing with women’s issue.
- Annual Women of the Word Conference: On the last Saturday each October, we hold a free conference designed just for women with a keynote speaker and break out sessions on relevant topics for women (lunch included). Contact Jamie Theobald if you would like more information about past or future Conferences.
- Titus 2 ministry: An older woman mentors another to help her with any area of need, whether it be spiritual, mothering, showing hospitality, housekeeping…any topic. All topics will be approached from the Biblical perspective with the goal that she would grow towards becoming a woman who pleases God. Contact Stacie Gibson if you are interested in being involved in our Titus 2 ministry.
- Biblical Counseling: If you're ever feeling like there is no hope and don't know where to turn , please don't try and figure it out on your own. God has given us His word and other women to help us. Here at Grace Baptist, we have women that can come along side you and give you answers to life's difficult problems. Contact Stacie Gibson if you are interested in receiving or learning to give Biblical counseling.
- Plan and execute any task that the Elders or Deacons have asked the Women’s Ministry Team to undertake.
- Hospitality: Host Fellowship Dinners and times of fellowship and refreshments after special services.
- Plan and Host an Annual Winter Dinner for the whole church family
- Plan Quarterly Fellowship Dinners
- Administer Grace Fellowship Groups
- Minister in various compassionate ways to families who have lost a loved one (flowers, funeral dinner, other grief support)
- [Wo]manning the Nursery during church services and functions