The Women's Ministry at Grace Baptist Church exists to glorify God by upholding the biblical role of womanhood in ministries of compassion and discipleship through prayer, guidance, training, and encouragement. Our aim is to lead Christ-like lives as we embrace our God-given roles in the family, church, and community.
Specifically, the ministry is designed to help women:
- Ladies Spring Retreat: We gather together at a retreat center for an overnight stay. We share meals, laugh together, share sorrows, play games, take walks, enjoy spa time and devotions.
- Regular Fellowship Outings: Day trips to some special destination together, usually ending with a meal together.
- Home Bible Studies for small groups of women
- Summer Group Study for women at the church, topic dealing with women’s issue (see below for more information on our next study).
- Annual Women of the Word Conference: On the first Saturday each November, we hold a free conference designed just for women with a key note speaker and break out sessions on relevant topics for women (lunch included). Contact Jamie Theobald if you would like more information about past or future Conferences.
- Titus 2 ministry: An older woman mentors another to help her with any area of need, whether it be spiritual, mothering, showing hospitality, housekeeping…any topic. All topics will be approached from the Biblical perspective with the goal that she would grow towards becoming a woman who pleases God. Contact Brenda Haywood if you are interested in being involved in our Titus 2 ministry.
- Biblical Counseling: If you're ever feeling like there is no hope and don't know where to turn , please don't try and figure it out on your own. God has given us His word and other women to help us. Here at Grace Baptist, we have women that can come along side you and give you answers to life's difficult problems. Contact Stacie Gibson if you are interested in receiving or learning to give Biblical counseling.
- Plan and execute any task that the Elders or Deacons have asked the Women’s Ministry Team to undertake.
- Hospitality - Host Fellowship Dinners and times of fellowship and refreshments after special services.
- Plan and Host an Annual Winter Dinner for the whole church family
- Plan Quarterly Fellowship Dinners
- Administer Grace Fellowship Groups
- Minister in various compassionate ways to families who have lost a loved one (flowers, funeral dinner, other grief support)
- [Wo]manning the Nursery during church services and functions
Ladies Summer Bible Study
What: "Abide: A Study through 1,2, and 3 John" by Jen Wilkin.
Who: Females of all ages. Childcare is provide.
When: Fridays at 10 am from June 21 through August 23
Where: Grace Baptist Church (9316 Main St., Dansville, NY 14437)
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
10th Annual Women of the Word Conference
Topic: Lord, Teach Us To Pray
October 26, 2019
Women of all ages, please plan to attend the 10th Annual Women of the Word Conference at Grace Baptist Church in Dansville, NY.
We are pleased to announce that Diane Schreiner will be our conference speaker this year. Diane and her husband Tom live in Louisville, KY where they serve at Southern Seminary and Clifton Baptist Church. Mother to 4 and grandmother to 9, Diane is busy but still finds time for biking, walking, swimming, reading, and meeting with women. She has taught a women's Bible Study in her church for the past 17 years. Her life verse is Phil 1:21: "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain." Over a decade ago, Mrs. Schreiner came near to death during a bike accident, but the Lord graciously determined that she would remain, for the "progress and joy in the faith" of such as will attend this conference.
The conference will be held October 26, 2019 from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm. The conference and lunch are provided free of charge, by the women of Grace Baptist Church.
Please stay tuned for more details as they emerge.
8:30-8:50 Registration and Refreshments
8:50-9:00 Welcome and Worship
9:00-10:00 Session 1: The Lord's Prayer
10:15-10:50 Session 2: The Prayers of David and Paul
11:00-12:00 Individual Exercise: Sweet Hour of Prayer
12:00-1:00 Lunch, Giveaways
Below, please find an online registration form for your convenience.
WOW Conference Online Registration
Upcoming Events for Women
Women's Ministry Team
The Women's Ministry Team is made up of four members who pray together for the other women in the church, encourage each other in our personal ministries, and to think strategically about women's ministry in our local church. The team's purpose is to co-ordinate and initiate the various aspects of women's ministry, and to equip other ladies for the work of Christ-centered ministry. The job of the team is to help all of the women of the church to be active participants in ministry. If any member of the ministry team can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact them.